Monday, July 16, 2012

Cutie Cats

I have a new journal.
I got this one at Hobby Lobby, it 's 3 3/4 x 5 1/4.
Crafty Secrets stamps are mostly small like most stamps and it's harder to fill a larger journal page, the way I like to journal , anyway.
So I thought this would be perfect for Crafty Secrets journal pages.
I used the new medium stamp set Cutie Cats for my first pages in this journal. I love cats, so, this was a no brainer :)
I used Dylusions spray inks in postbox red and pure sunshine for the background, I sprayed the pages with water first. I used Dylusions 5x8 dotted flowers stencil and dabbed the dots with white acrylic paint and a paint dabber. I watered down some of the white paint and flecked some on the background by tapping the paint brush with a pencil. I stamped around the edges with a line design stamp and paw prints stamps from the set. I used Archival Jet Black ink to do the stamping. I stamped both cats colored them with the ink sprays and a fine tip water brush. I found some of my old labels that I got in a box of stuff at an auction and used this postage one.
I put some old photo corners on each corner. I love the sentiments in this set, I used 3 of them here.
I put orange peel stickles here and there on the pages. I used my Sakura micron 08 pen to do outlining.
I put the journal on this clipboard to hold it open so I could get a good picture.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go check out the Crafty Secrets blog to see what Sandy has going on, there's always something fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a great day!
Smiley from millan.net

2 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is darling! I love the bright orange background. Your journal pages are such a delight!

Rea' said...

Cute journal page! I like those stamps too ( I've got cats... I need to do an art journal page...hum ) Thanks for the ideas!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...