Monday, June 27, 2011

Crafty Secrets June Challenge ~ Childhood

This months Crafty Secrets designer challenge is childhood, anything pertaining to childhood.



I've had this wooden cube in my alter crate for years moving it around in my searches, so I decided this was a perfect time to alter it using photo's of 2 of my granddaughters.



I printed the papers from the new Crafty Secrets Patterns CD onto white cardstock and cut the pieces to add to each side of the cube, I left the bottom blank. I distressed the edges of each side with my Brilliance Moonlight White ink pad, and added faux stitching with my tracing wheel. I printed 4 photos of my granddaughters on the antique setting on my photo software and punched out 2 of them with my Marvy scalloped punch and the other 2 I adhered behind Tattered Angels chipboard frames that Sandy is selling now. I painted the frames with Tattered Rose Distress Crackle Paint and sprinkled glitter on the wet paint. The J and the J frame are from the same Tattered Angels chipboard.
The sentiment and fairies are from the Childhood Image & Journal Notes booklet, I cut them with a Spellbinders Labels 4 Die. I painted the box feet with my Snow Cap Paint Dabber and adhered them with E6000.
I cut 2 tim mini rosette's from the Pastel Paper Pad and added buttons to the centers.
I added buttons here & there and Kaiser Pearls.
The top is a pink knob I got at Hobby Lobby, it's adhered with E6000.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Make sure you check out the other designer's blogs for more childhood goodness. You'll get to see the 8 newest designers at work!






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Have a great day!Smiley from millan.net

13 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

I love everything about this...just my style :)

Vicki Chrisman said...

So darling Pam! I'm feeling the need to make one of these! soooon thanks for the inspiration.

Tammy Roberts said...

What a sweet project Pam! Love, love it!!!

vio~ said...

how sweet is that!! i have never seen anything like it :) very pretty, thank you for sharing.

FauveDesign said...

How gorgeous!I love all the little details.Very inspiring!

Michele Kovack said...

This turned out beautifully!!!

Linda S. said...

Very cute project, and I am lovin' those new papers from the CD. Of course those gorgeous children didn't help the project at all!!
Linda S. in NE

Mickie said...

Absolutely precious, I love it.

Auntie Em said...

How precious! Great idea for a doting grandmother or auntie for a gift or to keep on your own nightstand or desk. Love it!!!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Conniecrafter said...

Such a sweet project and love your feet and knob to dress it up too!

Unknown said...

Pam this is so stinkin cute! And your grandchildren are adorable too!
hugs,
Gini

Mary Anne in NJ said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Carla said...

I think this is the sweetest altered block I have ever seen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...