Monday, February 28, 2011

Party Challenge ~ Crafty Secrets

Edit - I've been asked about the feet on the tea box, I forgot to add the link on where to buy them. I've highlighted it below in the supply section, so sorry!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the Crafty Secrets design team challenge again.
This month we have a party theme and I decided to do a Tea/Cupcake party.

I altered a tea box, teabag tags and made some teacup cupcake pics and postcard invitation.

This is the wooden tea box I started with.

Here it is finished. I covered the box with CS Wonderland Creative Scraps, stamped and cut out the banner and attached it.

Here the box is open with the tea bags inside and the tags I made with the cute tickets that are on the scraps.
The handle is a silver plated spoon that I glued to the top with E6000. I made the tea stained flower out of 2 paper doilies.

I covered the bowl of the spoon with Glossy Accents and sprinkled on glitter to make it look like sugar.

I cut the teacups out of the Wonderland Tea Creative Scraps, glued toothpicks on the back and stuck them in the mini cupcakes.

I cut out the menu and attached it to the postcard with a foam dot.

Supplies: Stamps - CS Artsy Banner. Paper - CS Pastel Paper Pad. Ink - Ranger Distress Antique Linen. Acces. - CS Wonderland Tea Creative Scraps, silver feet by Provo Craft (retired, you can get feet here), silver plated spoon (flea market), wooden tea box (flea market), Martha Crystal Course Glitter, tea bags, Ranger Snow Cap Paint Dabber, toothpicks, vintage buttons, tea dye, Tim Holtz Ornate Plates, Making Memories sentiment tile, seam binding, May Arts ribbon, paper doilies. Tools - Wonder Tape, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Glossy Accents.

Be sure and check out the other designers blogs to see their eye candy!
Check out the Crafty Secrets blog too, Sandy always has some fun give-aways!
Have a great week, maybe you can have a tea party!
Smiley from millan.net

15 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

OH.. loving it all Pam! That box is to die for!

Elaine A said...

Hi Pam -

Your party display is so beautiful. Can I come for tea? LOL! I truly adore that box, it is simply gorgeous. Everything is so festive looking.

Elaine Allen

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Pam, this is just beautiful.. I can't stop looking at it.

Mary Hamer said...

Oh Pam - everything is just fabulous!! I love the covered box - especially the spoon on top! What a wonderful touch! I just love the Alice scraps!
xoxo
mary

Heidi Blankenship said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Pam, I love your tea/cupcake ensemble!! The tea box is Gorgeous!! I love how you used the spoon with the glitter for the handle! Love the cupcake picks and the postcard too!!

Susan said...

Fabulous box!
Susan

cal8007 said...

Pam I just bought those stamps on the tea box - now I need to make a tea box!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Hugs!

Carmen L

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

that little box took my breath away...and all the details! Amazing! Love that you covered the tea tags with CS scraps. One of my favorite things you've ever done. Thank you!

Ronda Archangelo said...

Everything is beautiful but I love that box & sugary spoon!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tea party set. I love the tea cup cupcake decorations.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my such sweet and beautiful projects, love your idea of the handle on the tea box and the look of sugar, very creative!

Unknown said...

ADORABLE! What else can I say except Thank you for sharing.

Maricelle said...

Georgeous box! Love all the details. I do have a question about those metal feet. Where did you get hold of those? I´d love to get hold of those metal feet. thank youfor sharing.

Maricelle

Bev Gerard said...

Holy Schmoley, Piris!
This is such a sweet tea box! Of course, I've never seen an actual tea box, but I'm trusting in you! haha

{{{hugs}}}

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Wow! Your work is amazing! You are so creative!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...