Friday, February 19, 2010

OCL Golfin' Gramps ~ Armadillo


Look at Golfin' Gramps by Our Craft Lounge, isn't he cute?
I love that we have a gramps to go with granny now, think of the possibilities!
Grandparents cards, mother and fathers day cards, humorous cards and all the other stamps that come with the Granny & Gramps sets, my mind is spinning!

I paper pieced his clothes and the ground on the tag. Gramps is sportin' a goatee Smiley from millan.net I used Platinum Sparkly Fluff for that and his hair. His clubs have Glossy Accents on them for some shine. Everything is distressed (of course) with Vintage Photo ink and a blender tool. I added a few stitches here and there with linen thread.
I made the tag to attach to the box of golf balls, a cute gift for a golfer friend!
You could even use granny as a lady golfer, just use the accessorie stamps from this set with her, how cute would that be?
Supplies: Stamps - OCL Golfin' Gramps, SU! Itty Bitty splatter background. Paper - GP white, Cosmo Cricket Fleurtise, tag. Ink - Ranger Distress Black Soot, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Copic markers. Acces. - OCL Platinum Sparkly Fluff, twill, brass brads, SU! tiny clip, Glossy Accents, linen thread. Tools - Spellbinders Labels 8 die, Big Shot, blender tool, Scor-Pal, pinking shears, Creative Memories circle cutter, 1 1/4" circle punch, Martha Stewart circle punch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OCL is hosting a new Friday Sketch Challenge, go check out the deets at The Lounge, I think there will be prizes involved!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This little critter was in the flower bed at work yesterday. I was right on top of him with my camera and he could care less, he wasn't afraid at all. He was just rooting around for something to eat. Armadillo's came into AR. a few years ago, I think I heard they came in from OK. They ar e related to anteaters. He's so ugly, he's kinda cute, look at his little pink nose! I've never got to see one this close up, usually they are dead on the side of the road.

Funky looking little dude, huh?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you have a great day!

11 comments:

Kisa Peters said...

You've made gramps into a HOT old man! I guess I like Goatees! LOVE your work Girly!!

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome card and tag. Your coloring on that golf bag ROCKS!

Valerie said...

Pam, love these! And that armadillo is so cute and ugly at the same time, he's cugly! LOL

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

OMW - your card and project are just incredible! I love the paper piecing! And Golfin' Gramps couldn't be any cuter! LOVE the armadillo, too!! Never have seen one up close, either - how funny that he has that pink little nose!

Joy said...

You absolutely knock my socks off! WOWIE WOW!!!!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh...these are so cute, Pam, and the papers are a perfect pairing!! Wonderful armadillo pictures! Such unique animals, and it's amazing how close you got!

Velta said...

WOWzerz on this creation!! You really make this guy look like he is off to go putting...what a cutie...and the armadillo...you can tell he could care less! TFS!

Julie Ann said...

Oh my gosh!!! Just look at that cutie!!! If I ever saw one of those in person, I'd definitely be scrambling for the camera!

Conniecrafter said...

cool golfing cards, great for guys and neat little guy you found there!

makemeamemory said...

We don't usually see these little guys alive in my part of Arkansas either. What a find! I really enjoy keeping up with your work. Lovely as always!

becsflowers said...

LOL!Here in NW AR, we have 2 kinds. I think that one is the "Texas 9 Banded". I don't know what the other kind is named, but it is as big as a basketball, and when they dig in my yard, I shoo them out! I have the big one at my house, but I see a lot of the 9 Banded on the roadside DAY-YUD! LOL
LOVE your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...