Thursday, May 14, 2009

Crafty Secrets Domestic Goddess!

I dropped by the Crafty Secrets forums over at Splitcoast Stampers to see what the girls are up to. They have another great challenge going on, of course! I had a little time to play again, thanks for the fun, girls!! If you want to play, go here to check it out!

I was watching the Martha Stewart show a few days ago, I DVR it every day, I *heart* Martha Ü, anyway, they were making some feather headbands and they made some cute flowers out of ribbon to go on them. I took a piece of lace about 5" long and I stitched it along the edge with a needle and thread. When I got to the end, I pulled the thread and it gathered up, I stitched the edges together to make the flower. I love the look, I'll be doing this again!
Supplies: Stamps - CS Mini Memories (flourish), Gingham background by TAC (I think, I really need to figure this out, LOL!). Paper - CS Radiant Paper Pad, SU! Ruby Red, brown scrap. Ink - Ranger Distress Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo, Fired Brick. Acces. - CS Creative Scraps - Domestic Goddess, ribbon, lace, button, pin, brown twine. Tools - SU! slit, circle, scalloped border & tag corner punches, Zutter Round It All, Scor-Pal, tracing wheel.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~This is a peony I picked from my yard, I love the sweet, sweet smell of these pretty flowers!

I hope you have a great day, thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Marcy said...

Hi Pam! I love the gingham backgrounds and your layered border. The lace flower is so sweet and dainty too, a perfect complement to that sweet tag. Our peonies haven't started blooming yet, but they're thinking about it!

Diana said...

Oh this is just totally lovely!

Valerie said...

What a beautiful flower, Pam! We can't grow peonies here. :(

Joyce said...

Just love your little card. Love that country feel.(or should I be more modern and say VINTAGE?)

Anonymous said...

The card is so sweet and I love the lace flower! Your peony looks beautiful and I can imagine the sweet smell. I love them!!

Michele Kovack said...

This is super sweet!!

Diana Gibbs said...

I love this, you have such great talent.
I gave you an award on my blog.

Hugs,
Di

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...