Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hurricane, wild witch and a charming pin cushion!

Yep, that's right, it happened here in AR., at my house among others! It started at my house about 2:30 am on Sunday morning. It was so odd, the wind just blew and blew and blew, seems like for hours. I could hear stuff hitting my roof, not much rain, just the strong winds and my power was knocked out. Thank goodness my daughter and her husband were there with me . My husband was out of town at the time. I went to check it out after daylight and huge pine tree limbs were on my house and vehicles. I have a hole in my roof, a busted up vehicle and tree's all over the place, a freezer and fridge full of spoiled food....ugh. I'm just happy no one was hurt. I'm trying to get back on track, my daily routine has been in shambles, LOL! Oh geeez, I still have to make a list of my food, forgot all about that, another ugh! I'm hoping to get back on track with some stamping soon, WOOHOO!
My trouble is nothing like the unfortunate ones in TX. though, my thoughts and prayers are with them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the meantime here's a card and envy I made when I was in the Dirty Dozen on Splitcoast Stampers.
I made this in September of 2006, a long time ago, those SU! images are still some of my fave's!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also wanted to show you what I got from Laurie over at Charming Designs, she put this on eBay and I won, YIPPEE!! I just love her bird pin cushions and I had to have this little crow for Halloween. I love how she glitters up the pins and uses vintage lace, they are charming she always finds the cutest things to put the pin cushions in too, like this vintage sugar bowl.
You need to run over to her blog using the link above and see what she's got up her sleeve now!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope your day is filled with laughter and
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Broni said...

Pam, I'm so sorry to hear about all the damage you had from the winds! I can't believe how that wind whipped across the entire mid-section of the country! Good luck in getting everything back together soon!

Anonymous said...

Pam, I'm sorry, also, to hear about the wind damage! We got a lot of rain but no wind.

I am so happy to see that little black bird went to a good home. I was watching him, but forgot to put a bid in and then he was gone! I have one of Laurie's little birds and they are so cute. I have to keep mine in my closet because my kitties want to carry it around! Ugggg! Mine is on a flower so it is easy for them to pick up! I need a heavier one so they can't pick it up. I bought a crow from Michael's for a Halloween project and Millie and I keep fighting over it. I put it up high and she gets it in the night and I find him in the AM with a feather here and there! I love my kitties though, so guess I'll just have to live with it! Keep up your chin and have a good day!

Conniecrafter said...

good to hear you made it through ok, we had flooding up here in Illinois but nothing important was wrecked, so all is good!
I just love that witch image, and your tag is neat, very cool envie for it too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...