Monday, March 03, 2008

bird lovers box

Good afternoon! How are y'all? It's really rainy here today. Actually the whole state is under some kind of watch or warning from flash flood, tornado and winter weather advisories! This is the place to be if you want all 4 seasons in the same day, LOL!!

This is a box I got at Hobby Lobby on clearance after Christmas. I wanted to alter it and have finally got the opportunity to do it!

So what do you think? I like it this way much better, LOL! I used my new soon to be released Crafty Secrets Bird Lovers set. It's a large set of 20 stamps, everything from birds flying, singing, sitting on a branch, nests, eggs, row of flowers and cute sentiments!
The buttons are vintage from my button jar, the silver feet are from Cindy at StarLitStudio, I've had those for awhile too and couldn't wait to use them! The pink knob on the lid is from Hobby Lobby, but, Cindy has then in her store too.

All the images are stamped with Ranger Walnut Stain Distress ink and colored with Copic's. The green ribbon is by SU! the pink seam binding is by Martha Stewart.

The frame is from the CS Sweet Chips Chipboard die cut shapes and I've attached Making Memories brads on each end.

Look at this sweet little chipboard bird! The bird was in the CS Sweet Chips Chipboard Little Folding House.
These singing birds are stamped on paper and adhered to an oval piece of chipboard, I put loopy brads on each end with ribbon through the loops.
I stamped these birds on chipboard, cut them out, colored and adhered them with Dimensionals. I stamped the row of flowers on 3 sides of the box.
I had so much fun making this, it didn't take very long at all compared to me making a card, LOL!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonder day!














10 comments:

Carol (HB) said...

OMWORD! Piris, this is waaaaaay beyond fabulous! I love all the little details!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! This is an incredible piece of ART, Piris!

Kookie said...

I think I am speechless! This is beyond wonderful!

Judy in Indiana said...

I love what you made! Funny, I was complaining about Indiana weather in my blog today.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Ohhhhhhhh, I love this. You did such an awesome job.

Charmingdesigns said...

I LOVE your box...and your cards! Its the first time I have been here...Its an amazing blog.Thank you for sharing

Vicki G said...

WOW!! WOW! This is So elegant!!!


Vicki

Debbi T said...

Holy SMOKES girl, this is GORGEOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

This is breath taking!! Love all these sweet and beautiful birds. Fabulous project!

Deborah March said...

I saw this fabulous box on Sandy's blog, Pam...it's SUCH a work of art!! WOW!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...