Wednesday, January 16, 2008

pocket notes & stuff

My friend Bevie put out a challenge to us to do something for ourselves. We do so much for others it's time for me! Thanks for the inspiration Bevie!


I decided to make an altered notebook. This package of sparkly denim trim is what inspired me. I got it in the clearance isle at Wal-Mart for $1. Funny what a cheap package of trim will inspire you to do, LOL!I cut a pocket off a pair of old little girl jeans. I thought it would be cute on the front of the notebook, perfect for holding pens, bookmarks and what-not.


I coverd the notebook with Basic Grey, Daisy D's paper and a scrap from an old church hymnal I found at a yard sale. The textured hearts are from Tim Holtz's Grungeboard, Tiny Dots Elements. I smooshed them in my ink pads, after they dried I sprayed them with Pink Taffy & Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist. The sentiment is stamped with SU!'s Rough Edges Alpha. The background paper is stamped with Crafty Secrets Hardware & Mini Memories stamp sets. The crocheted flower is one I did several years ago when I was doing a lot of crocheting. I had probably started something and didn't finish. I think I need to make more, lol! I put a Maya Road pink velvet flower in the center with a vintage clip earring on top of that. I break off the clip with my little jewelry pliers. I made a bookmark to match using my Cuttlebug and heart dies on lightweight chipboard. I glued all the bellies down with E6000.

I put black metal corners and SU!'s Pewter Build a Brads on the book corners. I put Glossy Accents on the little Grungeboard hearts.

I put a little trail of Cowboy Dew Drops on the pocket. I just love those little baubles, they are so cute and the little bottles are cute too!

Well, I put a tiny little dent in my supplies with my me notebook, every little bit helps huh? LOL!

I hope you have a great day, thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

LOVE THIS!!!! Do you make of those crocheted flowers anymore? They are so expensive to buy, it sure would save you a boatload being able to make your own!

Broni said...

Your notebook is SO COOL, Pam! I love it! Hmmm, I used to crochet those flowers. Maybe I need to pull out the old crochet hook, huh? Thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

This is Adorable...Love it!!!!

twinks said...

I love every little itty bitty detail of your book! TFS!

Debbi T said...

I freaking BOW to you. BOW, I say!

You are ..... wow. I can't even express it.

You never cease to amaze me with your talent. Can I have the talent that lives in your pinky fingernail....so that one day I may come up with even ONE small idea?! ;)

LOVE this....but I love you oodles more, my friend.

Rose Ann said...

Wow...I love it!! The pocket and crocheted flowers are my favorite...but it is so awesome!!

Shabbychick Junk said...

YOU ARE ON ONE SWEET ROLL,TALENTED GIRLFRIEND! :)

Bevie Pearl said...

I love it!!! I love it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...