Saturday, July 21, 2007

inspire me funky

I wanted to make a notebook for sketches, tips, clippings and ideas. I found this one with grid paper in it at Office Depot. I love the grid paper for sketches.

I decided to put a big ol' honkin' flower on the front using my Pick A Petal set from SU! I love the Basic Grey Blush paper, I thought it turned out pretty funky!

I had the notebook done and ready for the sentiment in the bottom corner, I was going to use the standard 'create', had it stamped, punched and ready to go. Later in the day I was blog hopping and went to Nichole Heady's blog (have you seen her new studio pic's? OMW!) and she had linked to Jeanette's blog. I was drooling over her pic's and saw "Inspire Me" on a wall, PERFECT, love that! So, I went with "inspire me" for my sentiment on my notebook, I thought it worked!

Supplies: grid paper notebook, May Arts ribbon from StarLitStudio, Basic Grey Blush paper, vanilla cardstock, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip classic ink, walnut ink, small copper flower brads by Making Memories, corner punch, 1/16" punch, corner rounder punch, small scalloped punch, scalloped scissors, sponge dauber, SU!'s little flower stamp from the Big Bold Birthday set, Pick A Petal set, and the swirly stamp from Baroque Motifs, metal book corners and setter, red button and E6000.

I'm headed to my mom's at Mtn.View, my niece Tracy from Springfield, MO. is there and Crystal and the girls, I'm sure we'll find some girly things to do!

Have a wonderful Saturday!






11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boyyyyy, I just love it when you find something to "drool" over ... then decide that you "need" to do something of your own! WOW! Every time ... WOW!! Love this direction for you!

And oh yes! I've nominated you as a "Rockin' Girl Blogger"! Just vist my blog to "pick up" your Rockin' Girl Blogger banner, and start thinking of the blogs you'd like to share with us! *wink* (Only if you would like, of course!)


~Tex

Rose Ann said...

Your book is so pretty! I love the papers and flowers! Such a perfect book to jot down your awesome ideas in. ;) Love it!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Love the book!! It turned out just perfect!

Alhambra Club said...

This is so cool,love the vintage look of it.

Bevie Pearl said...

what a wonderful inspiration journal...I like the idea of using the grid paper in a journal...thanks for your inspiration and your ideas!

Christen said...

Oh, Pam! This notebook is great! It totally puts the one I did last night to shame. I stocked up on composition books at Target, so now I have to make one like this!


-Christen (From Stampers' Sampler and Take Ten)

Jessica said...

Gorgeous book! I love it!

Karen said...

Great card fun and funky!

Anonymous said...

love it- that's some of my favorite paper....so pretty!

Debbi T said...

Ooooh! GORGE, baby! I love your eye for details, Piris!! :)

Pat said...

Wow..this will certainly inspire you to use this book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...